Thai Veggie Quinoa Bowl recipe is a perfect summer one pot meal. Full of crunchy flavors and a sharp and tangy Asian inspired dressing. Healthy and delicious. Vegan and Gluten-Free too.
Finishing our trip with country number 30 (or 32 if you officially count both Liechtenstein and Scotland as countries).
Iceland was never on the list but it just so happened that the cheapest flights back to Boston had a stop over in Reykjavik and so I extended a several hour layover to a week long last hoorah.
Why not right?
Iceland Air certainly lures you in with the cheap flights and no added fee extra stay, but I’m sure once we touch down we’ll be slapped in the face with absurdly outrageously expensive prices for just about everything imaginable. Lonely Planet has already scared me by saying that groceries in Iceland are 3 times higher than those in the US, Australia and Europe (hopefully not combined).
- 1/2 cup broccoli finely diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- handful cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons peanuts chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 lime zest and juice (start with juice from half a lime, and add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger minced
- In a large bowl toss cooked quinoa, broccoli, red onion, carots, cilantro, green onions and peanuts together. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix until combined