Chocolate Crunch Bars are a quick, easy and fool-proof recipe which takes minutes to whip up- Now they have a ketogenic and low carb makeover! A chocolate base loaded with nuts, seeds, and shredded coconut! The ultimate healthy homemade paleo and sugar free chocolate snack or dessert. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto.
A low carb and ketogenic chocolate version was the next one on my list!
This recipe was actually trialed a few months ago. When I had started playing around with the ketogenic diet (and failing with it), I bought a little too many low carb nuts and seeds (for snacking purposes).
I had a plethora of them to use up in a short time frame so I thought…
“Why don’t I just cover them in chocolate and snack on them like that?”
It wasn’t that simple though. For those of you who’ve made homemade sugar free chocolate, it’s ALL about the measurements and the taste. Using a different brand of sticky sweetener can greatly yield a different result. Adding too many larger nuts or nuts can leave the paleo chocolate crunch bars crumbly and difficult to cut up.
As such, I did some troubleshooting, tried out a few variations and have all the results below. Let’s face it- I want you to be able to make the best healthy homemade crunch bars!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips of choice I used stevia sweetened keto friendly chocolate chips
- 1 cup almond butter Can sub for any nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener of choice * See notes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups nuts and seeds of choice almonds, cashews, pepitas etc
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your chocolate chips of choice, almond butter, sticky sweetener and coconut oil and melt until combined.
- Add your nuts/seeds of choice and mix until fully combined. Pour the keto crunch bar mixture into the lined baking dish and spread out using a spatula. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- See notes for tested options- The best sticky sweeteners are pure maple syrup or agave nectar. For a 100% keto friendly sticky sweetener, use a monk fruit or swerve sweetened syrup.
- No Bake Keto Crunch Bars (Paleo, Vegan, Sugar Free, Low Carb) should be kept refrigerated. If made using homemade chocolate, these should be kept frozen.