This 4-ingredient Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream boasts the same creamy deliciousness of traditional chocolate ice cream without all those fillers. Plus, it’s dairy free, vegan, and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. Dessert is served!
FREEZE SLICED BANANAS
Simply slice bananas evenly and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place the entire sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. When you take your nanners out of the freezer, you’ll just need to scrape them off the parchment paper and place right in the blender (if you’re making this healthy nice cream right away), or into a ziploc or Stasher bag to keep in the freezer for later use. Freezing the sliced bananas on a baking sheet first will prevent your bananas from sticking together when you place them in a bag. Want a step-by-step on this process?
PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A HIGH-SPEED BLENDER
Measure out your frozen sliced bananas, cocoa powder, almond milk and vanilla extract and place it all in your high-speed blender. You’ll want a serious blender or food processor for this step to ensure all the bananas are blended to perfection. If you use your blender for smoothies with frozen ingredients, you’re good to go here!
BLEND IT UP
Blend up all your ingredients until smooth. Depending on how frozen solid your banana slices are, you may need to thin out your healthy ice cream with almond milk. We recommend thinning it with a tablespoon of almond milk at a time until you get your desired consistency.
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk*
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or Vitamix and mix on high until a smooth, thick consistency has been formed. Option to add more milk by the tablespoon as needed.
- Serve immediately or transfer into a parchment-lined bread loaf. Then, place into the freezer for 1 to 2 hours to firm up.
- Serve with chocolate chips.