I adore hearty soups for dinner, and this delicious crock pot vegetable lentil soup is my latest favorite! This slow-cooker lentil soup is a top pick from my readers!
I LOVE kale in soups!
Forks Over Knives is a great site and it’s loaded with vegan recipes. You should definitely check it out when you get a chance!
Don’t worry, even if you’re not vegan or vegetarian, you’ll still love this tasty lentil soup. You’ll also want to check out my easy vegan chili for another incredible plant-based dinner recipe.
Of course, if you’d like to add meat, you can certainly do that. Diced ham would be an easy and tasty addition.
I don’t have a ton of experience cooking with lentils, and that’s another reason I was drawn to this soup.
I’m anxious to get creative and find more ways I can incorporate lentils into healthy dinner recipes.
- 1 16oz. bag brown lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 15.5oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 medium white potatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh kale, chopped
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot except the kale and stir. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Add the kale and cook for another 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.